Wednesday, May 13, 2009

No More Glasses or Contacts!

This will be my last post for the next few days. I am having laser vision correction tomorrow morning! Woo hoo! I am very excited about this, but I admit I am also nervous. These are my eyes we are talking about...kind of an important part of the body. I know that everything is going to be just fine. My wonderful hubby will be holding down the fort while I am recovering. I'm told that the recovery is pretty easy. I sure hope so. My husband is wonderful, but he doesn't have much patience for whining. Well, he's going to have to grow some really quickly. My girls are the masters at whining these days. Sometimes I want to just lock myself out on the balcony where I can't hear it anymore...or lock them out there, ha ha. I would never do that because we live on the tenth floor and I panic when I'm right out there with them. Guess I'll have to do with earplugs.

I would appreciate your prayers very much. The part that I'm most nervous about is having to keep my head completely still and stare at the red light while the laser is working. If I look to the left or to the right, it will throw the laser off. Definitely don't want that to happen. Also, the idea of having my eyes taped open kinda gives me the willies. But again, it's going to be so quick I probably won't have much time to think about it. The beauty of it is that I get to take a wonderful pill an hour before the procedure that will totally relax me. Then I get to come home and take sleeping pills and sleep all day....doctor's orders. If there was ever a time to get caught up on the sleep I've missed over the past five years, now is the time! So, the girls will be at preschool for the day and my husband will be having an X-box 360 marathon. Yay for him. At least I won't have to listen to the sounds of war games and the screeching tires on the racing games I love so much. (Heavy sarcasm injected here.) He will need the relaxation because as soon as the girls get home, he's Mr. Mom for the weekend. Please pray for him too. He will probably need it more than me.

So, take care everyone and I will post as soon as I can to tell you how I'm doing. I pray you have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Kim Ochoa said...

You get to sleep all day? My hubby could only sleep 2 hours (no more no less) as to make sure he was on top of the constant eye drop regimen!

I will be praying that your outcome is as fantastic as possible!