Thursday, March 27, 2014

Day 16: It's All Good

This post will be short and sweet as it's very late and I've had a long day. I find it hilarious when God gives us a chance to practice what we preach. Tonight was the Opening Night of my daughter's play and I woke up with a terrible cold. I said to myself, "Really?!" Then I laughed. As if today wasn't going to be busy enough, I had to do everything with my nose running like a faucet, feeling like my head was going to explode. And yet, just like He does every day, God gave me the strength I needed to get everything done for my family and make it to Hailey's play. I had to use my wheelchair, and my nose looks like Rudolph's, but hey, I made it!

I wouldn't have missed my baby's play for the world. She did such a great job and I was so proud of her. I'm praying that tomorrow will be a day of rest before we have the encore performance tomorrow night. I would really like to be there for the second performance.

Once again, I am so grateful for Jesus and the strength he gives me every day. I wish I wasn't sick. I wish I would have remembered to paint Sarah and I's nails this afternoon. (We wanted to match Hailey.) I wish I didn't have dishes all over my kitchen right now. But you know what? None of that matters. I got to see my daughter overcome her fears and play her part perfectly tonight. I got to give her flowers and see her face light up when she spotted us during the "bows." Tomorrow is a new day. The dishes will get done and nails will be painted. It's all good.  Until tomorrow then...

Love,

Tracie

Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
    my hope comes from him.
Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
    he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God;
    he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, you people;
    pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge. ~ Psalm 62:5-8

1 comment:

Isaac Watts said...

I am so proud to call you friend. Your strength and Love for you daughter and your family is amazing and inspiring, thank you for sharing your life and your heart with us in such a personal and honest way.